+770 527 1300
- "Strength lies in our differences, not our similarities."
- "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
- "People don't buy goods and services, they buy relations, stories and magic."
Companies & Clients
- Hexagon, AR|PR, GA Economic Dev. AssureSign, UserIQ, Deputy, Prevedere, Oxolloxo
- Media FAM tour with Coca-Cola, AT&T, Panasonic, The Home Depot, ThyssenKrupp, GA Tech
- Coordinated expansion announcements and openings between GA Gov. and the following: Comcast, Google, NCR, Sage, Fiserv
- Landed mentions in or media briefs for Bloomberg, U.S. News & World Report, The Wall Street Journal and Inc.com
- Garnered 500,000 media impressions and landed client ongoing byline opp. in InformationWeek & CMS Wire
- Grew client's social channels by 300% and website visitors by 50% in 3 months
- Increased employee engagement by 60% in 4 months
- Rotarian Ambassadorial scholarship recipient
- University of Westminster International scholarship recipient
- Held CBS News internship at London Bureau
BA IN COMMUNICATIONS-PR | 2005-2009
MA IN INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS | 2010-2011
University of Westminster
PR Strategist & Founder, VKB Public Relations
- Provide overall strategic guidance on marketing, branding and public relations practice for B2B and B2C brands
- Develop communications and marketing campaigns, including outlining budget, market research/competitor analysis and PR best practices
- Identify compelling stories and develop content, such as press releases, blogs and trend reports, to garner maximum media coverage
- Provide guidance and execution on how to grow relevant social channels to effectively position brands and executives as industry leaders and drive qualified traffic to a brand's website
COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST, THE GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
- Served as communications liaison for international trade and departmental life science and tech ‘accounts’ to advise and execute communications and PR strategy around statewide economic development news. Supported key tradeshows and initiatives focused on highlighting key benefits of doing business in Georgia.
- Served as communications representative to write, coordinate and support weekly press announcements and press releases with the Department, the Governor's office and companies coming to or expanding in the state.
- Responded to timely media requests around economic development news and provided media training and media briefings to team when needed, as well as other communications needs such as speeches, thought leadership content, blog posts, etc.
- Identified media stories and proactively pitched and secured local, national, international and trade coverage, including The Atlanta Business Chronicle, The Atlanta Journal Constitution, NPR Newsweek and China Daily.
- Maintained media contact lists, built and maintained relationships with key journalists and the business community. Partnered with creative design/production team to develop editorial content for collateral pieces; created appropriate content for social media, monthly newsletter and the Department's blog.
- Created and edited press releases, publications, advertorials, newsletters, web content and speeches.
- Onsite PR event management for key events, including global regional leaders summit and international representatives state tour. Engaged key stakeholders in global commerce.
Media and Content, Account Lead, AR|PR
- Served as lead for three B2B SaaS clients, working with leadership to provide strategy, executing effective content marketing campaigns, social media campaigns, trade show marketing, and media relations.
- Collectively grew clients' social channels by more than 100% in less than four months via strategic engagement, compelling content and social advertising.
- Under leadership team, advised clients of overall messaging and positioning strategy, including the creation and execution of communications and marketing campaigns.
- Originated compelling, thought leadership content including blogs, case studies, whitepapers and bylines, significantly growing overall organic traffic to company websites and company blogs via an effective content strategy.
- Researched subjects, company news and customers in order to generate compelling stories and targeted pitches, monitor editorial coverage to gauge effectiveness of media outreach. Successfully landed coverage, such as bylines and mentions in key publications, including Inc.com, U.S. News and World Report, CMS Wire, InformationWeek, NexGov, securing media briefings for the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg.
- Measured clients’ media, social media and marketing results, and effectively translated analytics into actionable insights to constantly drive success.
CONTRIBUTING WRITER, EIDÉ MAGAZINE
- Wrote first branding, messaging and positioning guidelines. Conducted interviews and wrote feature stories for the quarterly publication, contributing to online posts around key music events.
COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST, HEXAGON AB
- Created and implemented 2012-2013 international employee engagement initiative, increasing engagement and awareness by 60 percent. Originated company’s first comprehensive international B2B communications and branding plan.
- Wrote, edited and proofread all collateral and material to ensure quality and consistency with corporate branding.
- Developed content for a variety of communications channels, including print, video web sites, intranets, email campaigns, ensuring brand consistency. Supported branding and digital marketing of company’s annual users’ conference, HxGN LIVE and newsroom, HxGN.
DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER, ECHANNEL MEDIA
- Served as SEO manager and copywriter for three B2C websites to increase online visibility and keyword organic page rank. Wrote and sent digital press releases and engaged blogging community and key digital stakeholders to grow digital presence and organic search ranking.
- Created website content using Google analytics and other relevant programs. Oversaw outsourcing for SEO campaign deliverables. Managed projects working with vendors and junior staff.
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT, CBS NEWS/60 MINUTES LONDON BUREAU
- Served as production assistant while obtaining Master's in International Relations in London, U.K. Tasks included screening PR calls and pitches, researching and pulling material for upcoming stories for 60 Minutes and CBS This Morning Show.
- Edited news feeds and story content and wrote headlines for CBSNews.com. Assisted producers, anchors and cameramen in producing live shots. Program guest coordinator during the royal wedding.